Policy Summary: Route App, Inc.
The below listed information is only a portion of the full Marine Open Cargo Policy written for the account of Route App, Inc. which is effective from August 1, 2020 – August 1, 2021. Coverage is secured via Roanoke Insurance Group Inc. through certain underwriters at Lloyd’s (100% Munich Re Syndicate 457) and policy number 20RTS8084. All Insurance coverage is subject to the full terms and conditions of the policy.
New lawful and approved good are insured against “All-Risk” of physical loss or damage from any external cause.
Limits of Liability
|$||250,000||Any one vessel or conveyance per any one account of the Assured, except that in the following cases, this insurance shall not cover more than:|
|$||15,000||Any one package or shipment;|
|$||2,500||Any one package or shipment containing a laptop or tablet computer, mobile/ smart phone or watch|
This insurance attaches from the time the goods insured commence transit and/or are located anywhere incidental to transit and continues during the ordinary course of transit until transportation terminates at final destination or the Assured’s interest ceases, whichever occurs first.
To and from ports and or places in the World to ports and or places in the World with privilege of transshipment by land and/or water; however, shipments to/from Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan and truck/rail shipments to/from/within Mexico other than as a connecting conveyance are excluded entirely. Also including domestic shipments within the United States and/or Canada. All other domestic shipments are excluded unless specifically endorsed hereon.
Regardless of the Duration of Risk clauses found elsewhere in this Policy, coverage for shipments to Haiti, Nigeria, Pakistan, and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) ceases upon discharge from the ocean vessel or aircraft.
The CIS presently includes Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
Special Commodity Insuring Conditions
- FROZEN FOODS (except frozen beef and pork) are insured against “All Risks” of physical loss or damage from any external cause except for the exclusions listed below, and further excluding gradual deterioration. It is however, agreed that while the goods insured are under refrigeration, this insurance is extended to cover loss, damage or deterioration due to, or caused by derangement, breakdown or stoppage of refrigerating machinery or refrigerating plant or insulation provided such derangement, breakdown, or stoppage continues for a period not less than twenty-four (24) consecutive hours.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the exclusions stated above, this insurance covers loss of or damage caused by the negligence of any third party who has possession or custody of or responsibility for the cargo insured hereunder during the time that this Policy is in force.
Warranted by the Assured that the interest insured hereunder is in sound condition at the time of the commencement of risk.
Frozen foods shipped by air are on application only.
- SERVER RACKS (WHEN CONTAINING COMPUTERS, SERVERS and/or ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS) are insured against “All Risks” of physical loss or damage from any external cause, except for the exclusions listed below. However, each claim shall be subject to a deductible of ten percent (10%) of the total insured value (subject to a minimum deductible of $5,000).
Claims for damage and/or breakage shall be excluded entirely unless the server racks are packed and shipped in wood crates.
- USED GOODS are insured subject to FPA terms.
Subject to an additional premium, coverage may be extended to include theft and/or non-delivery of an entire shipment.
- WINES, LIQUORS, BEERS and SIMILAR SPIRITS are insured against “All Risks” of physical loss or damage from any external cause, except for the exclusions listed below. However, claims for pilferage and breakage shall be subject to a deductible of one percent (1%) of the total insured value (subject to a minimum deductible of $250).
- LAPTOP, TABLET COMPUTERS, MOBILE/SMART PHONES OR WATCHES are insured against “All Risks” of physical loss or damage from any external cause, except for the exclusions listed below. However, the limit of liability for any one shipment shall not exceed $2,500.
- SHIPMENTS OF FROZEN BEEF & PORK are insured against “All Risks” of physical loss or damage from any external cause, except for the exclusions listed below; coverage also shall exclude decay, spoilage and/or deterioration unless the assured can demonstrate that such damage was directly caused by the burning, crashing or collision of the carrying conveyance.
|Automobiles and Motorcycles||Glass windows, plate glass and similar goods|
|Bagged Goods||Jewelry (valued in excess of $300)|
|Boats & Yachts||Live Animals|
|Ceramic, marble or granite tiles, slab blocks, countertops or statues||Negotiable Papers|
|Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products||Perishable Commodities|
|Computer memory modules & Cards||Pharmaceutical Drugs|
|Cotton||Precious Stones and Metals|
|Fine Arts (valued in excess of $10,000 per piece)||Scrap Metal, Steel Metal and Steel Metal Products|
|Fresh foods (excepting frozen beef and pork in refrigerated containers)||Used Household Goods and Personal Effects|
Claim Filing Requirements
Claims Reporting Time Frame(s)
It is understood and agreed that the following timelines for claims transmittal must be adhered to in order for a claims to be processed:
- Claims for packages marked “ delivered must be filed after 5 days and before 15 days from the date the packaged was marked “ delivered.”
- Claims for packages presumed to be lost (where the status is not “delivered”) must be filed after 7 days (20 for international) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
- Concealed Damage Losses – any loss or damage found upon the opening of original shipping packages at the final destination, but not exceeding Seventy-Two (72) Hours after delivery confirmation at the final destination, shall be adjusted and paid by this coverage in the same manner as though the original shipping package had been opened immediately upon their arrival, provided such losses would have been otherwise recoverable under the terms of this coverage. Nevertheless any packages showing visible signs of external damage are to be opened and examined immediately upon arrival and any such losses shall be reported in accordance with the claims procedures included in this coverage.
- Porch Piracy Coverage – if a package is confirmed to have been delivered to the final destination, but it is discovered that the package has been stolen or is missing, the Assured must file a claim with Underwriters within 24 hours of the date and time of the delivery confirmation. It is a requirement under this coverage that a police report be filed with local authorities within 48 hours of the date and time of the delivery confirmation with proof of filing to be provided to Underwriters. If video monitoring is in place, a copy of the video is to be provided to Underwriters within 48 hours of the date and time of the delivery confirmation. Once the police report becomes available, a copy is to be provided to Underwriters.
General Coverage Exclusions
This coverage does not insure against any loss, damage or expense attributable to or caused by:
- Ordinary leakage, ordinary loss in weight or volume, or ordinary wear and tear of the goods insured;
- Willful misconduct, infidelity, conversion or dishonest acts of the Assured, or the Assured’s employees, whether committed alone or in collusion with others;
- Rust, oxidation or discoloration on unpacked and/or unprotected cargo;
- Loss of market or loss, damage, expense or deterioration arising from delay, whether caused by a peril insured against or otherwise;
- Inherent vice or nature of the goods insured;
- Insolvency or financial default of the owners, managers, charterers, or operators of the vessel where, at the time of loading of the goods insured on board the vessel, the Assured is aware, or in the ordinary course of business should be aware, that such insolvency or financial default could prevent the normal prosecution of the voyage. This exclusion shall not apply where the contract of insurance has been assigned to the party claiming hereunder who has bought or agreed to buy the goods insured in good faith under a binding contract.
- Insufficiency or unsuitability of packing or preparation of the goods insured to withstand the ordinary incidents of the insured transit, but only where such packing or preparation is carried out by the party presenting the claim for payment, or its employees, prior to the attachment of this insurance (for purposes of this clause, “packing” shall be deemed to include stowage in a container, and “employees” shall not include independent contractors).Where a loss results from improper packing, but the claim is covered because the packing was not performed by the party presenting the claim for payment or its employees, it is the duty of the Assured to assist Underwriters in recovery efforts against responsible parties. It is further understood that no future claims shall be recoverable under this Policy which arise from improper packing performed by the same person or entity unless additional shipment(s) have already departed from the same shipper when improper packing is first discovered.
- Electrical, electronic and/or mechanical derangement unless the Assured is able to demonstrate that such damage is the result of a peril insured against;
- Shipments on chartered vessels that are not classed A1 American Record or equivalent by a member of the International Association of Classification Societies; chartered vessels over 40 years of age; vessels on break-up voyages; chartered barges; vessels built for service on the Great Lakes; vessels built solely for Military or Naval Service; or vessels built for carriage of dry bulk or liquid bulk cargoes, and which are more than 20 years of age;
- Any accident occurring while rolling stock cargo is being driven under its own power or being towed on its own wheels, except during loading and unloading and positioning by the steamship line.
All insurance coverage is subject to the full terms, conditions and wording of Marine Open Cargo Number 20RTS8084 in the name of Route App, Inc.